Sky Pirate's Den

Sky Pirate's Den

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Final Fantasy Typo Demo: Mission 4

This mission is called Through the Heart of the Enemy, and like Mission 3, there are no cutscenes except at the end. Upon starting the mission, I found that it was actually a challenge. It appears to be in The Forbidden Forest again, what a coincidence! My favorite training ground has become the last stand of war in this demo. Oh, how I'm excited. Well, I lost Sice on my first try, since I thought I could tank everything. I am going to try again using King so that way I can kill the smaller enemies easily.

Nope I still lost Sice. This isn't good. Let's see if that Magical Armor is anywhere in my inventory.

Well, there is not much to say about this "impossible" mission. I decided to make Machina my sacrifice character again and use Shiva to eliminate a couple of the giant mecha, some soldiers wielding chainguns, and those annoying bull-mecha that keep running my party over. After Shiva left, I brought Rem into the picture and was once again amazed by how her unassuming Thunder shotgun magic went a long way in taking down those damn Magitek Armor. Of course, I am sure that if many people were reading this, they would call fowl upon the use of magic due to limited MP. I don't know how I did it really. I guess the fact that I charged each spell was what saved that MP there. By the way, if you are playing as Rem and you are trying to take down the giant guys, don't use Fire RF. It sucks, does only five damage. Her knives are more effective than that magic, somehow. The soldiers aren't too much of a problem neither, even though I hadn't seen one of them with a red circle around them. I just used King to wipe them out. As for the giant mecha, again, Rem's Thunder Shotgun goes a long way. I can also admit I was sort of lucky here and there because I was healed just before I died.

At the end of all this, a cutscene plays in an entirely different location. Da hell? You see all the Rubrum soldiers running up and killing all the Imperial soldiers, but then they are raped by another penis in Magitek Armor. This guy has an eye patch and everything, so he must be scary. But what the hell happened to No. 10 and the Green Goblin I saw in the last Mission? This demo is kind of stupid because of that, but it's not supposed to be about the cutscenes, I guess. The gameplay is fantastic, on the other hand.

And with that, that is pretty much the end of the demo, supposedly. I came, I saw, I conquered. Those Missions weren't all that difficult at all. There's supposedly a few other things I can do, but I don't know how to do them since it's all in Japanese and nobody wants to post videos of the sidequests in the demo. I'll see if I can get you Readers another post on this demo, if not, oh well. It's been a pleasure. Now let's just hope I didn't waste my time with this demo and that Square will actually release the game in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment