Sky Pirate's Den

Sky Pirate's Den

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Final Fantasy Typo Demo: Mission 3 (Rush the Big Bridge)

Alright, this mission doesn't have any cutscenes except for one at the end, which has no dialogue. When I started off, I was in some kind of canyon, I think, and upon moving forward everything looks like cliffs and rocks and whatnot. There is supposedly several pieces of "magic armor," I'll keep an eye out for that. I hadn't seen No. 10 anywhere. I thought it was the guy in Mission 2 who was guiding me through the ice area, but he just disappeared. Well, that could've been No. 10, but he wasn't wearing a Class Zero uniform, neither.

Well, okay, the first thing I notice is this huge thing that looks like Bahamut from FFX. What the hell? I see it shooting lasers everywhere and all this other stuff. I guess I will be fighting with it! Sounds awesome!

King seems like he is the most useful here. All this Magitek Armor running around basically means to me that I need to pay more attention to those yellow circles than before. I managed to get one S.O down, but then I foolishly accepted another where I have to defeat three huge Magitek Armor in only thirty seconds. How the game expects me to do that is beyond me (I guess this is where Shiva comes into play). I am going to try that S.O again by sacrificing a character for Shiva (I guess Machina is going to have to do for now).

Holy shit, I raped those machines to hell. It was crazy. First, I completed the first S.O, which the time changed to a minute when before it was three. Da hell? I guess the S.O timers are random here. When I reached the part with the three giant mecha, the timer gave me two minutes. I wasted no time; I switched to my sacrifice character and summoned Shiva, which took care of those machines instantly. I was shocked. Those things had huge amounts of health, and their defense was inconceivable, but Shiva drained their health like water in a sink. I was very impressed. Well, I managed to reach a save crystal. There are little crystals on the floor; they could either be the summer outfits or the "magical armor." These dead guys on the floor look familiar... no, it can't be! They're students from the Hogwarts School of Final Fantasy! Those bastards! They killed children! If these people are from the school... that could mean... no, I refuse to believe it. No. 10 can not be dead! I am going to destroy all these Magitek pieces of crap and I will find No. 10! Come at me, Empire!

So on with the charge. I ran into the next area as Rem and raped all the soldiers by killing them with the red circle around them. I started another S.O, and I managed to kill the Magitek Armor at the end of the area just in time. In the next area, there were a bunch of soldiers and this Magitek Armor that was shooting artillery. I was trying to kill the soldiers before starting the S.O, because that artillery guy was annoying as hell. Whenever I waited long enough for the red circle to show up on the small fry, I would get blasted by that stupid thing. I managed to get rid of the soldiers, though, and so I started the S.O. The thing needed me to do something in one minute, and I thought it was to take out that Magitek Armor. So I switched to Sice and spammed the hell out of that thing, and I took apart that mecha in seconds. However, the S.O was still counting down, which was scaring me because I then started thinking that it needed me to complete the area. I switched to King and managed to take out two snipers using the red circle thing, and then it said I completed the S.O. Immediately after that happened, another S.O notification popped up, and I thought the game was saying that I failed, lol. I opened that one up and it was two minutes. I figured it was the one that I needed to get out of the area for. So as I approached the exit to the area and thus the end of the mission, three mecha came out. They were like bulls, charging all over the place. Nonetheless, I made short work of them with King. I nearly died a couple of times, but I didn't worry because Rem and Sice had my back. After I destroyed the last enemies and cleared the S.O, another notification to do one popped up, ha ha. I accepted it and ended the mission immediately after like a boss.

Some crazy stuff is going on at the last cutscene. A bunch of soldiers that I saw from the beginning of the demo are running around screaming. There's this airship that they're all running to that flies away and is chased by a bunch of dragons. All of a sudden, this giant beam of fire comes out of nowhere and blows up that whole area and kills everyone. Class Zero looks ahead and sees...

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? THE GREEN GOBLIN? Oh no... this can't be. That must be No. 10. Oh shit. What happened to you, man?

Well, the cutscene ends with that ominous guy that I have decided to be No. 10 in this demo. You don't know if the guy is good or evil, but considering that he came in a bolt of fire and killed thousands of allies, I assume he is evil. Damn it. Looks like I am going to have to go Mano a Mano against No. 10. You up for this, Rem?

By the way, this mission was also easy. I just needed to restart a couple of times because the S.O's were ridiculously short on time. However, if I played through it without the S.O's, I probably would've finished in ten minutes. I didn't even need to use Shiva on that part, I just did so that I could complete the S.O. I wonder how "impossible" the next mission really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment