Sky Pirate's Den

Sky Pirate's Den

Monday, April 27, 2015

THE STEAM WORKSHOP IS FREE! (for now)

Gonna keep up this stupid tradition
We did it! Valve has actually listened to the community. I'm actually sure they did. Some people believe Valve ignores everything people say. While I didn't expect them to completely revert and do away with the paid mods, I didn't think they were completely ignoring the explosive reaction either. Anyway, this is a wonderful victory for now, but Valve does want to find a way to "support modders," and I'm sure they'll think of something new. Hopefully, though, that will be a long ways from now, and that they have learned tremendously from this experience.

I have a sort of let's play of some of the hilarious protest mods people have put up on the workshop. What's golden about that video is that it suddenly shifts from a bitter tone to a celebratory one because the groups I'm subscribed to sent announcements of our victory. It's very long and rambling, though, so I am going to have to spend a while editing it before it comes out. I'll certainly post it here when it does, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment