Sky Pirate's Den

Sky Pirate's Den

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Final Fantasy and the Tokyo Game Show

I hadn't realized that the Tokyo Game Show had occurred this week. I didn't really look into it that much, but I was excited to see new trailers for XIII-2 AND Type-0, as well as another bit of news that I will get to later. It was quite the shocker.

First, here's the Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer.





I am more impressed by this trailer than I am with the other one from the PAX convention. Then again, the voice acting here is in Japanese, which is sometimes better than the English voice acting, so I have to see for myself when the game is released. My god, Hope and Snow look almost completely different. I'm wondering what the hell happened to Snow, he looks like a jungle kid or something. I am glad to see other things than what has been repeated since E3, though. I don't get what's the deal with that Lightning's Rival guy. He looks like a dragoon for some reason to me. I also have a bit of nervousness about the music in the game, because so far I keep hearing all this J-Pop as battle music.

Well, aside from the changes in the characters, there isn't much to talk about from this trailer. Maybe if I understood what everyone was saying, I could talk a little more about what the hell is going on in this crazy game, but I can't speak Japanese so I will have to wait until I get the game and see for myself. Let's move on to the Type-0 trailer.




Huh, not much to see in that trailer. Only more fight scenes to make me wish that Square would confirm that the game will be released in North America. Is that Rem in the last scene of the trailer? I'm talking about the person that Machina seems to be crying out to. Dear God, what is happening to her? She better not be killed off during the game or else I swear I will rage at Square for a long time. I know, it's hilarious how I've only played the demo and haven't seen the other characters, yet I have already given Rem the award of loyalty.

Aside from the whole compilation of FFXIII, Square is taking on another project: they are remaking Final Fantasy X for the PS3 and PSP Vita. Of all the Final Fantasies they could've picked, why FFX? I think they just wanted to troll the fans who are dying for a remake of FFVI and FFVII, which are probably the best ones they ever made. I am pretty disappointed that they chose to remake FFX, but from what I heard about some things like character models and such, that game actually needs a remake. Maybe if they remake it they'll change it to an open world instead of a straight line, somehow, but I doubt they would do that. In any case, I am willing to buy it as I haven't played FFX yet. If they really are remaking that game, I guess I could put off buying it off of ebay for now. I just hope that they release Type-0 overseas, because something tells me that that game will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment