Sky Pirate's Den

Sky Pirate's Den

Thursday, October 13, 2011

XIII-2 Trailer: "New Adventures"



For some reason this trailer isn't blocked, but the trailer for Type-0 is. I don't understand why companies block trailers over copyright when the purpose of a trailer is to get as much people as possible excited for whatever they are releasing trailers for. I can understand Versus XIII since that is a game that is still in heavy incognito development for some reason, but Type-0 is on the verge of being released, and so is this game, so I don't see why those trailers need to be blocked.

Anyway, this has to be the first XIII-2 trailer I am completely satisfied with. The E3 trailer was cool, but it wasn't enough. The PAX trailer was filled with cutscenes and made the game feel really dramatic. The TGS trailers were cool, and they actually showed new things, but that was also a problem since I barely understood what the hell was going on. I like this trailer because it finally gives a clear depiction of what's in the game. There is actually a good proportion of gameplay footage to cutscenes, for once, so I got to see some interesting gameplay elements. I got to see some of the environments I will get to explore, and I also got to see minigames. Oh god, after FFVII, the thought of playing minigames in a Final Fantasy has left some dread in me, but I like it too because it brings back the good old feel of the previous Final Fantasies. There's even chocobo racing!

As far as the cutscenes go, they seem to actually give a good depiction of the story and what's going on. However, my only gripe is with the first scenes where Lighting falls into another dimension right at the end of the original game. As far as I remember, Lightning wasn't just standing back away from the entire group, contrary to Snow's suggestion that implies he never saw her come out of crystal stasis with the rest of the party. This is a huge plothole as far as the trailers show. Maybe the game will start off with a different version of the original game's ending that will fix that plothole. I also find some other cutscenes to be interesting. I don't get why Square decided to show Noel getting killed, though. I am guessing Square has developed a habit of giving away spoilers in their trailers now. First Noel, then Rem. Next thing I know, I'll see a trailer of Noctis getting killed. Then the same thing will happen in the trailers for FFXV. Then in FFXVI, the trailer will show the entire plot. Well, then again, FFXIII-2 is actually supposed to have multiple endings, so I guess it is kind of hard to spoil the whole game given that.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, or mostly unrelated, I love how everywhere on the Internet that has a Type-0 trailer or a XIII-2 trailer has more people who actually like what they see than people complaining about how Square is going downhill and that, ever since they merged with Enix, they (the fans that whine about everything) got a skyscraper shoved up their bums. Some would probably argue with me that those people who like what they see from XIII-2 and Type-0 are just a bunch of noobs to the series, but I don't get how they can outnumber a fanbase that grew since before these games were even conceived. In any case, I don't really give a damn, I am just stating what I see. If you don't like these games, then good for you, I don't care. When you start complaining to me for saying these games are great, I can honestly say go to hell because I am saying that they are what's best for ME. I don't see what's so bad about calling a game good just because I enjoy them, but whatever. Fans who complain about the merging of Square and Enix and then take it out on fans who don't mind the merging are a bunch of butthurt morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment