Sky Pirate's Den

Sky Pirate's Den

Monday, October 17, 2011

Type-0 Extended Trailer

UNFORTUNATELY I do not have the trailer here... yet. As soon as it finally gets on Youtube, though, I will snatch it and place it here. You see, I found it at this website here. The problem with it is that it takes forever to load, and I'd rather not have my Readers watch something that literally took thirty minutes to finish loading. Anyway, get ready for a very rushed commentary on the trailer, because I wrote it as I watched the trailer. That involved some serious lightning speed finger reflexes, it was insane.


The trailer starts off with these two weird chicks called Diva, which happen to be the same creatures from the game's logo. The scene then cuts to some clip of an Imperial invasion, with a character named Narrator. Look at that, the Narrator is now a character in the Final Fantasy Series! Well, you do have Vanille, Tidus, and Marquis Ondore, but now for the first time the narrator is actually named Narrator!

The trailer then shows off all the characters in the game. Actually, these are probably the main characters that I'll be seeing throughout the game. I'm sure there are more, which will be completely insane. I've never seen this many characters in a freaking game. This is even more than FFVI for hell's sake. As the game showed off the thousands of characters, I noticed that Seven looks a little too much like Lightning. When Rem came up, I let out a cheer. Then, I saw an interesting fellow named Naghi. What make's him so interesting, you ask? HE WEARS THE SAME UNIFORM AS CLASS ZERO! Could this be the missing No. 10 culprit here? I bet he is! Awesome! I finally found No. 10! After him are some other interesting and not so interesting looking characters. You have GILGAMESH! There are these two people who I assume are the keepers of the red crystal? I've also noticed a couple of people in those Green Goblin uniforms I saw in the demo for the game.

The trailer then cuts to a bunch of gameplay clips. Most of this is stuff I've seen before. I also see some interesting moves that look like limit breaks. There's a fight with GILGAMESH! I also see Bahamut and Chaos as summons. Then I see some cutscene clips, and the first seems to be a battle at Concordia (is this what happens after that ambiguous custscene from the demo with that giant dragon thing flying out?). The ones following this appear to be clips of Class Zero getting whooped. Then that chick in the sailor uniform runs in to inform Class Zero of something. Then there was a scene with some Concordian girl sending in a dragon to fight Class Zero, which leads me to wonder why they aren't allying themselves against the Empire of this game, but I'll never know. Then came that scene where it seems like Machina is talking to a glowing blue figure, and I figured it was Rem dying. I assumed it was Rem, but that looked like it could've been anyone's hand. I got kind of nervous, and after desperately wanting the other cutscenes I didn't care about to go away, I saw that Rem was still around, so I figured that she doesn't die.

Before I see her again, though, are some other crazy cutscenes. One of those people who were guarding that crystal spoke to everyone from that place Class Zero is from, and then I see that lady with the really long cigarette talking to a crystal statue of what I believe to be Diva. That's cool that the crystal statues from FFXIII carried over to this game. We go back to the people from the school Class Zero attends, who appear to be fading away. Yawn. I really don't care about them.

Then, my heart was split in twain. You can tell the exact seriousness of the situation by the fact that I used an archaic word, twain. Seriously, I started sobbing over this. I thought I was going to suffocate. Square apparently thought it would be funny to take my worst fear from the last trailer and bring it to life to screw with me. Just after the scene with the people fading away, I saw Machina kneeling before somebody raising out her hand. Upon hearing her voice, I found it was Rem! She sounded like she was in pain! What's going on? The camera then zooms out and I see her on the floor, with the building all destroyed, and everything is raining and all. And there is blood all over her pretty face! NO! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! REM, WHY ARE YOU DYING REM? WHY????? SQUARE, HOW COULD YOU KILL A BELOVED CHARACTER BEFORE EVER GIVING ME A CHANCE TO MEET HER? WHAT KIND OF EVIL IS THIS!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, *sniff sniff,* I couldn't contain myself. Also, the background music was kind of annoying. Well, I guess I'd better move on with my life, because I am probably never going to see this game in America. Square is getting on my nerves with all these games they make a huge display off of and never release them. It's like they want to tease their non-Japanese fans. What would really be something is if Square developed a Final Fantasy game that was only released in Australia, Europe, and North America but not Japan. That will probably never happen, though, so I should forget about it. Still, that would be very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment